Pages

Being married...

Well, how can I not let anyone know? I'm now happily married! 




Been married seven months and someday, I know, God-willing, I'll lost count of the good days I'll have with my husband. Like all married couples, we've been through tiny patch holes in our marriage but there isn't anything we cannot mend because of our dear Lord Jesus. The only challenge I guess for me is not being able to control my "superpowers", LOL! The cryptonite in my system is my domineering side. I am ashamed though and I really feel bad for my husband whenever The Hulk inside me unleashes its grim potentials, hehe. I'm not always into that 'say what you want to say and let's just leave at that' thing, I would always want my husband to follow the orders before he hears the knuckles cracking. Shame, shame, shame on me! I'm just so blessed that he's not the kind who'd let me in for a taste of some battle scars - he's very patient, understanding and loving. He doesn't always say that he ought to be the head but lovingly imposes and gently teaches - this is why he gains much respect and submission from me. I'm just hoping and praying that I'll get over all my 'unsubmissive', subversive character because I also want to show the Lord my love for Him through the love I give my husband. 

So to all the wives out there, I leave this verse to you:

EPHESIANS 5:22-24

22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. - (NO BUTs, NO IFs ;)


raechelle

No comments:

Instagram